Avoid criticizing by separating observation and evaluation
Always cleanly separate observations and evaluations. For myself, and in communication with others,
observation + evaluation = criticism, and they will resist whatever I have to say next, despite it's intention or wisdom. In return, people often respond with self-defense or counterattack.
In other words: Observe and reflect, but don't give an opinion until the appropriate time.
- 119.010.03 Conflict - Sins - Sin 1 - Avoiding Criticism
- 119.010.06 Conflict - Sins - Sin 2 - Avoiding defensiveness
- 116.096 Life Lessons - When emotions override my higher consciousness
- 116.094 Life Lessons - Empathy first, feelings second, needs last
- 122.08.06 PM User Testing - Understand and learn quickly - let go of pride