Prorporational Hazards (PH)
Proportional hazards are a class of 113.020.020 Statistics - Survival Analysis in statistics (1). They predict the amount of time before some event occurs, like a patient dying or a customer churning.
From my Lucky8 notes
- has a hard time fitting to yearly data
- needs a good history of data
- needs a big enough number of new customer adds (small numbers are hard)
- hard when you have a direct sales force model
Used to predict saturation
This and other diffusion models are used to predict saturation.
There are other growth models out there
We used PH a lot at Lucky8, but we occasionally used other growth models as well.
- 113.020.010.10.20 Regression models - Exponential Distribution
- Proportional Hazards vs. Weibull: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/5172563.pdf
- 1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proportional_hazards_model
- 20200706 Lucky8 notes (clustered)