Monitoring is not meddling or micro-managing
Monitoring is not meddling or micro-managing. It is information gathering, fixing problems, quality assurance. This is the KPI/OKR focus which makes for good management decisions, productive use of time, and clear conversations. Monitoring is the difference between a supervisor's delegating a task and abdicating it.
The amount of monitoring necessary for an individual or team should be based on task-relevant maturity.
- 128.005 Management - KPIs are the best way to have clarity around impact
- 128.008 Management - Managing by OKR
- 109.32 Productivity - Measure progress toward goals
- 109.30 Productivity - Focus on a small number of important goals at a time
- 116.069 Life Lessons - You can't objectively measure a test unless you set a prediction for it beforehand