124 Asking for Feedback
124 Asking for Feedback - How to
How to Ask for Feedback
Don't be proud. You have a thousand smart, experienced, and willing people that surround you, and their help is gold.
1. Prepare the right questions
- Open ended questions like
- What do you think is currently working and not working about...
- What are specific ways I could better...
- Which parts about ... concern you the most
- What steps can I take to prepare ... for the next steps
- Yes or No questions allow people to quickly give a straightforward answer
- Do you think I should take ... action?
- Have I shown improvements in ...?
2. Identify the right people to ask for feedback
- Start with your closest circle
- Try to find different sources
- Then widen the circle
3. Productive feedback conversations
- Ask for honesty
- Be specific and timely
- Listen to learn
- Ask clarifying questions
- Take notes
- Commit and follow up