In order to be persuasive, a professional product manager should have strong skills in both oratory and written communication. As a PM, you spend 1/3 of your time with each of reading/writing/speaking.
1. First, reading gives you the arguments to make your case.
2. Then, you write them down in a an extraordinarily clear and precise brief which presents airtight logic for why we're doing this and why it's important.
3. Finally, you must be able to speak extemporaneously to people about it.
- 122.01.03 Product Management - Influence without authority
- 122.01.02 Product Management - Communication and the ability to influence is key
- 116.048 Life Lessons - Define the problem clearly then focus on the solution
- 116.047 Life Lessons - He who best defines the problem usually wins
- 116.037 Life Lessons - Writing is a critical skill for a business person to have
- 119.002 Conflict - More communication means more conflict
- 119.014 Conflict - Memorialize your agreements