I choose to ..... because I want .....
Is there something dreaded and terrible that I dislike doing? Stop doing it!
But what if I must do that thing?
Find a way to change the narrative from "I have to" to "I choose to"! Take command of yourself, have integrity, have a spine, and do something because you choose to do it. Or don't do it.
"I choose to ....... because I want ....... " and discover the why:
- Maybe I value the money it provides more than I hate doing it?
- Maybe I seek the approval of somebody else?
- Maybe I want to escape punishment?
- Maybe I want to avoid shame or guilt?
- Maybe I have a sense of duty?
It is truly worth examining the reason for doing anything we dislike. If, after examination, there is truly nothing good about it, then stop doing it.
- 116.042 Life Lessons - Have a concept of long term goals and dreams
- 106.005 About me - My life mission
- 116.047 Life Lessons - He who best defines the problem usually wins
- 116.060 Life Lessons - Write a business plan
- 116.071 Life Lessons - Secret Sauce - Is this fun for me
- 119.053 NVC - Escape shame and guilt with open eyes