Don't ~~fall~~ stay off the map
As far as my friends and family are concerned, I fell off the map when I met my wife and started a career. I quit communicating with them because I was focused myself, my wife, and my career. When I had a family it got even worse.
As my marriage enters it's 21st year, and my kids are getting old enough to have their own interests, I am finally realizing that those relationships are important, and I want to nurture them back to life.
I know that you get what you give, and the only way I'll be successful at re-establishing my relationships, or creating rewarding new ones, is by a steady cadence of communication with empathy.
- 202108272000 I fell off the map for a while
- 116.054 Life Lessons - Ask for help
- 116.049 Life Lessons - You get what you give
- 116.033 Life Lessons - What I do every day matters more than what I do every once in a while
- 116.010 Life Lessons - One minute of planning is worth ten minutes of doing
- 119.003 Conflict - Are you there for me
- 119.023 NVC - Get what you want by helping them get what they want
- 128.001 Management - Communication is the number one job