109.33 Productivity - The shutdown ritual
The shutdown ritual
The shutdown ritual at the end of the day can be an important way to transition from "work mode" to "family time".
- Ensure every incomplete task, goal, project has been reviewed and that for each you have confirmed that there is plan in place or it is captured in a place where it will be revisited.
- Take a final look at the email inbox to ensure there is nothing requiring an urgent response.
- Transfer new tasks that are on your mind, or written down earlier in the day, to the official task list.
- Skim every task in every list and make sure there is nothing urgent.
- Look at the next few days of calendar and make sure nothing sneaks up on you tomorrow
- Make a rough plan for the next day
- Say out loud "Shutdown complete". Be done.