101.010 Zettelkasten - PERMANENT NOTES
Permanent notes are where the knowledge repository is organized. All the steps leading up to this are designed for this outcome.
Permanent note rules
- 101.013 Zettelkasten - Reference block
- 101.014 Zettelkasten - Keyword tags
- Think about how these notes relate to what is already in the Z. Don't add, integrate.
- This is not about collecting a lot of information, but rather about developing ideas arguments and discussions.
- Should be my own words written in full sentences that could be used in an article or essay "as-is".
- "Permanent notes, on the other hand, are written in a way that can still be understood even when you have forgotten the context they are taken from." (Book: How to take smart notes, page 44)
- Atomic notes, they should stand on their own and not be conflated with other ideas.
Use a proper 101.015 Zettelkasten - ZK naming convention
Keep it short or break it up
- Permanent notes should not be long. Despite the unlimited format of a text document, try to keep the length of a permanent note readable within the screen without scrolling. If it gets longer than that, break it up into branched notes. (Book: How to take smart notes, page 130)